Monday, December 04, 2006

Week of November 27th, 2006

This was a roller coaster week for fitness. It started out really warm, and got really cold, and we were hit with our first snow. In the middle of it all, I got punched in the stomach with some kind of flu. Sweats, chills, it felt like someone had my stomach/intestines in a kung fu grip. Tuesday was the worst, and felt a little better Wed till the end of the run. I could feel hints of pain on Thursday and Friday, but I toughed it out. 50 miles again this week, bound to the dreadmill all weekend. Not too bad for how bad I felt, and a day off.

Monday: 8.35, felt good, low 7 pace
Tuesday: 8.15, couldnt get heart rate down, felt awful (flu symptoms started)
Wednesday: Off, trying to recover
Thursday: 5.5 with Todd, felt pretty decent, but slow. Pain came at the end
Friday: 8 miles, Treadmill
Saturday: 8 miles on treadmill
Sunday: 12 miles on treadmill.

I have been doing easy progressive runs on the treadmill. Started at 8 minute pace, rolling course and raising the speed .1mph every mile, so the 12 miler finished at around 7 minute pace. I'll bump the starting speed every week, and see what happens. I like to go 5k-10k pace for the last couple minutes, because strides on the treadmill are dumb.

Looking into next week, I will get back on the bike. For real this time. Also, I want to add some upper body lifting since I am not swimming. The Plasma is set up on the trainer, and I spread the aerobars a bit, so it will relieve tension on my shoulders. Higher wattages feel so much easier on that bike, I need to copy that geometry at a shallower seat angle. Very nice..

No comments: