Thursday, December 21, 2006

Week of December 11th, 2006

Big running week this week, and thats about it. I did try yoga for the first time on Thursday night. I was sore for 4 days. I think it is just getting the cobwebs out and holding stretches, but I felt pretty good afterwards, hence the uptempo running on Friday.

Monday, 8 miles Treadmill
Tuesday, 8 miles outside in the rain
Wednesday, 8 miles Treadmill
Thursday, 8 miles outside
Friday, 8.5 miles, with 5 at 155-160HR
Saturday, 15.5 miles, felt pretty good
Sunday, 8 miles Treadmill

64 for the week, a new high. I will now start adding in some "Hadd Style" higher heart rate running. The idea is to keep the majority of the miles in the 145-150HR range, and do two run per week at 155-160. Over time bumping the higher HR running up to 160-165, then 165-170, and finally 170-175. This will complete the base and get me ready for higher intensity work. I may just stick with this scheme, and not get into the typical speedwork. Hopefully the pace at all HR's will increase over time. The plan is to spend 6 weeks at each level.

No comments: